Employment OpportunitiesWork for Jesus and Westfield.
POSTED MAY 17, 2017
The Sexton will work to clean and maintain our historic 1854 structure, enabling its continued use by the congregation and community.
- Prepare the sanctuary for worship services, weddings, and funerals. Prepare meeting rooms and other church facilities for use by congregation and outside users. Ensure that the property is secure when when no activity is occurring (10% of time)
- Perform janitorial services in accordance with daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal requirements.
- Perform minor routine maintenance/repairs as directed by board and/or staff supervisor.
- Inform Board of issues or concerns relating to facilities.
• Ability to bend, lift, and carry 55 pounds up a flight of stairs
Time Requirements and Compensation
• Pay is $100/week. Time Expected 5-10 hours, depending on season. Flexibility in scheduling essential.
• Position is year round with understanding that some weeks/months/seasons are busier than others.
Please send resume to The Rev. Jonathan Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call the church office at 860.774.8438 or email Rev. Jonathan at the email address above with any questions.