Employment OpportunitiesWork for Jesus and Westfield.
Posted March 15
Director of Music
Our thriving, progressive faith community is in search of a Director of Music. The Director of Music collaborates in worship planning, accompanies worship services, and empowers meaningful corporate worship experiences for our congregation.
- Worship Preparation
- Collaborate with Pastor to plan worship
- Rehearse and arrive on Sunday prepared for the service
- Collect all necessary music and materials
- Coordinate rehearsals and performances of seasonal choirs (Christmas, Easter, Etc)
- Maintain music use recor
- Accompany and facilitate weekly worship including hymns, service music, and special musical offerings
- Accompany and facilitate special services through the year including, but not limited to, Christmas Eve, Service of the Longest Night, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and vigils as needed.
- Promote Westfield through Special Programming
- Plan and execute annual series of Sunday Afternoon Concerts featuing local performers or ensembles (Sikkel Concert Series)
- Empower other ministry areas
- Assist with children’s music as request (Christmas Pageant, etc)
- Assist with at least two church fundraisers per year
- Sundays, 9am-Noon, availbility for holidays and special services required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Excel at reading music
- Have keyboard proficiency (piano/organ)
- Think collaboratively
- Be flexible
- Be able to adapt in the moment
- Dress professionally
- Understand their role as part of the larger mission and ministry of Westfield
- Compensation is up to $325/week dependent on experience. Position is paid for weeks worked. $150 for additional worship services.
- Right of First Refusal or funerals.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Successfully pass a background check
- Not be a member of Westfield Church
Submit resumé, cover letter, and two references to the attention of The Rev. Jonathan Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received by email. Applications submitted solely through Facebook will not be considered. Application deadline is April 10.