Employment OpportunitiesWork for Jesus and Westfield.
POSTED December 19
Help us care for this historic building
Summary of Job Description
The Facilities Caretaker will work to clean and maintain our historic 1854 structure, enabling its continued use by the congregation and community.
- Prepare the sanctuary for worship services, weddings, and funerals. Prepare meeting rooms and other church facilities for use by congregation and outside users. Ensure that the property is secure when no activity is occurring (10% of time)
- Perform janitorial services in accordance with daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal requirements.
- Perform minor routine maintenance/repairs as directed by board and/or staff supervisor.
- Inform Board of issues or concerns relating to facilities.
Time Requirements and Compensation
- Pay is $150/week. Time Expected 11-15 hours, depending on season. Flexibility in scheduling is essential.
- Position is year round with understanding that some weeks/months/seasons are busier than others.
- Must be 18 years and older
- Ability to bend, lift, and carry 55 pounds up a flight of stairs
- Must pass background check
- Must not be a member of Westfield Church
Please send resume along with two references to The Rev. Jonathan Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call the church office at 860.774.8438 or email Rev. Jonathan at the email address above with any questions. Position begins immediately. All applications must be received by email. Applications submitted through Facebook will not be considered.