Employment OpportunitiesWork for Jesus and Westfield.
nursery CAre provider
Help care for the littlest Westfielders
Summary of Job Description
Offer and provide for the emotional, physical, and social needs of young children (infant-age 3) during the time they are in the church nursery;
Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities;
Maintain a warm, safe environment that is orderly, clean, and appealing;
Signing children inn and out of nursery to parents only
• Sundays, 9:30am – 11:30am
Babysitting/childcare experience with reference; background early childhood development desirable
Must be nurturing, caring, patient caregiver;
Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children;
CPR and First Aid Certification required (within three months of employment);
Satisfactory completion of background check;
Must be 18 years or older.
• $17.50/hour ($35/week)
Unless ill, attendance is mandatory. Should the Nursery Care Provider be unable to work on a Sunday, replacement coverage must be found and communicated tot he Director of Christian Education or the Christian Education Board Members at least 24 hours in advance. Three vacation Sundays (min. notice of a week required) and up to three sick Sundays (min. notice of 24 hours required).
No cell phone use during work hours (except in emergencies)
Submit resumé and cover letter to the attention of Rev. Jonathan Chapman at email@example.com by December 7th . All applications must be submitted electronically. Position begins immediately.
director of Congregational Care
Care for the heart of Killingly by caring for the congregation that is the heart of killingly
Summary of Job Description
Our thriving, progressive faith community is in search of a Director of Congregational Care. The Director of Congregational Care collaborates with the pastor in the ongoing pastoral care and engagement of our growing congregation.
- Meet with new members inquiring ongoing involvement
- Engage members, learning about their needs for congregational care
- Regularly check on shut-ins, the elderly, and the infirm
- Communicate regularly with the Pastor regarding pastoral needs during the week including an explicit list of who Pastor should call, write, or visit any given week
- Assist periodically in worship leadership
- Preach on Sundays Pastor is away, and at regular intervals at the Pastor’s invitation
- Assist in special services through the year as desired including, but not limited to, Christmas Eve, Service of the Longest Night, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and vigils as needed.
Empower other ministry areas
- Assist with at least two community outreach programs per year
- Assist with at least two church fundraisers per year
- Sundays, other days as required
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Excel at interpersonal relationships
- Strive to joyously connect with congregants
- Think collaboratively
- Be flexible
- Be able to adapt in the moment
- Dress professionally
- Understand their role as part of the larger mission and ministry of Westfield.
- Negotiable, paid monthly
- Year long position to be revisited in October 2019
- Be at least 18 years old
- Successfully pass a background check
- Not be a member of Westfield Church
Submit resumé, cover letter, and two references to the attention of The Rev. Jonathan Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received by email. Applications submitted solely through Facebook will not be considered. Application deadline is December 1, 2018.